LGM Pharma is an API distributor. LGM Pharma can supply CGMP and/or DMF products, subject to availability and manufacturer requirements. LGM Pharma does not sell or supply APIs or finished dosage products to individual patients, doctors, pharmacies, or any pharmaceutical companies.
Questions? Call our customer API support number 1-(800)-881-8210
Micafungin is a glucan synthesis inhibitor of the echinocandin structural class and can be used safely alongside other drugs such as HIV and transplant drugs.
As a semisynthetic lipopeptide Micafungin is an antifungal agent. Micafungin works by inhibiting the enzyme needed for fungal cell-wall synthesis.
In vitro Micafungin is highly protein bound with the primary binding protein being albumin. The half-life of Micafungin is between 14 and 17 hours.
Dose-limiting toxicity has not been found in adult patient clinical trials. The minimum lethal dose of Micafungin is 125 mg/kg in rats, which is 8.1 times the recommended clinical human dose. Severe adverse effects from Micafungin are uncommon, with patients reporting minor side effects like headache, mild itching, slight nausea and flushing.
Grover ND: Echinocandins: A ray of hope in antifungal drug therapy. Indian J Pharmacol. 2010 Feb;42(1):9-11. doi: 10.4103/0253-7613.62396. [PubMed:20606829]
Bormann AM, Morrison VA: Review of the pharmacology and clinical studies of micafungin. Drug Des Devel Ther. 2009 Dec 29;3:295-302. [PubMed:20054447]
1. Vehreschild JJ, Cornely OA: Micafungin sodium, the second of the echinocandin class of antifungals: theory and practice. Future Microbiol. 2006 Aug;1(2):161-70. [PubMed:17661660]
2. Groll AH, Stergiopoulou T, Roilides E, Walsh TJ: Micafungin: pharmacology, experimental therapeutics and clinical applications. Expert Opin Investig Drugs. 2005 Apr;14(4):489-509. [PubMed:15882123]
3. Chandrasekar PH, Sobel JD: Micafungin: a new echinocandin. Clin Infect Dis. 2006 Apr 15;42(8):1171-8. Epub 2006 Mar 14. [PubMed:16575738]
4. Wiederhold NP, Lewis JS 2nd: The echinocandin micafungin: a review of the pharmacology, spectrum of activity, clinical efficacy and safety. Expert Opin Pharmacother. 2007 Jun;8(8):1155-66. [PubMed:17516879]
5. Ikeda F, Tanaka S, Ohki H, Matsumoto S, Maki K, Katashima M, Barrett D, Aoki Y: Role of micafungin in the antifungal armamentarium. Curr Med Chem. 2007;14(11):1263-75. [PubMed:17504145]
6. Sucher AJ, Chahine EB, Balcer HE: Echinocandins: the newest class of antifungals. Ann Pharmacother. 2009 Oct;43(10):1647-57. doi: 10.1345/aph.1M237. Epub 2009 Sep 1. [PubMed:19724014]
7. Morris MI, Villmann M: Echinocandins in the management of invasive fungal infections, part 1. Am J Health Syst Pharm. 2006 Sep 15;63(18):1693-703. [PubMed:16960253]
8. Morris MI, Villmann M: Echinocandins in the management of invasive fungal infections, Part 2. Am J Health Syst Pharm. 2006 Oct 1;63(19):1813-20. [PubMed:16990627]
Products currently covered by valid US Patents are offered for R&D use in accordance with 35 USC 271(e)+A13(1). Any patent infringement and resulting liability is solely at buyer risk.
LGM currently offers Monoclonal Antibodies (mAbs) for non-GMP/R&D use. Please inquire about Monoclonal Antibodies produced under GMP conditions.
Questions? Call our customer API support number 1-(800)-881-8210.